LIGHT FARMHOUSE WALNUT FRITTATA
What's a frittata? It's basically a quiche without the crust. You can vary the recipe by using different vegetables and herbs. Try zucchini and basil for an Italian version.
Prep Time: 15 min
• 1/3 cup each julienne yellow, red and green peppers
• 1/3 cup chopped scallions
• 1/2 cup chopped California walnuts
• 6 eggs
• 2 Tbsps nonfat yogurt
• 1 Tbsp Asiago or Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Spray a medium oven-proof skillet with nonstick cooking spray.
Over medium heat, sauté peppers, scallions and walnuts in skillet until vegetables are soft.
3. Beat eggs, add yogurt and pour mixture over vegetables in skillet. Stir and cook over medium heat until eggs begin to set.
4. Sprinkle cheese over top of frittata and bake at 350°F for 8-10 minutes or until eggs are well set.
5. Cut into wedges and serve.
Recipe courtesy of California Walnut Board