BROCCOLI, POTATO & BACON EGG PIE WITH CHEDDAR CHEESE
Makes 6-8 servings
• 2 cups cooked broccoli florets
• 1 1/2 cups cooked diced potatoes (about 2 medium)
• 1 1/2 cups (lightly packed) grated Cabot Sharp Cheddar Cheese (about 4 ounces)
• 4 slices cooked bacon, chopped
• 1 unbaked 9-inch deep-dish or 10-inch pie shell
• 6 large eggs
• 2 large egg yolks
• 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
• 1 teaspoon mild paprika
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF.
2. Distribute broccoli, potatoes, cheese and bacon evenly in pie shell. In mixing bowl, whisk together whole eggs and egg yolks until well combined; add cream, paprika, salt and pepper and whisk again.
3. Pour cream mixture evenly over ingredients in pie shell. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, or until golden on top and set all the way to center.
Calories 762 , Total Fat 63g , Saturated Fat 30g , Sodium 912mg , Carbohydrates 28g , Dietary Fiber 3g , Protein 22g , Calcium 310mg
Recipe from Cabot Creamery Cooperative - www.cabotcheese.com
Recipe courtesy of Chef Doug Mack