FRITTATA, BROCCOLI & POTATO FRITTATA
With a triple hit of antioxidants from oregano, rosemary and thyme, this hearty and healthy frittata makes a welcome weekend breakfast or busy weeknight supper. Leave the potatoes unpeeled to reap the benefits of the vitamins and fiber contained in the skins.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Makes 6 servings.
• 1 1/2 cups cubed potatoes
• 2 cups coarsely chopped broccoli florets
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 1/2 cup coarsely chopped onion
• 1 teaspoon McCormick® Oregano Leaves
• 1 teaspoon McCormick® Rosemary Leaves, finely crushed
• 1 teaspoon McCormick® Thyme Leaves
• 3/4 teaspoon Sea Salt using McCormick® Sea Salt Grinder, divided
• 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Black Pepper
• 6 eggs
• 1/4 cup milk
• 3 medium plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
• 1/4 cup grated Asiago cheese
BRING water to boil in medium saucepan. Add potatoes; cook 7 minutes or just until tender. Add broccoli; cook 1 minute longer. Drain well. Set aside.
HEAT oil in large ovenproof nonstick skillet on medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir 5 minutes or until softened. Stir in potatoes and broccoli. Reduce heat to medium-low.
MIX oregano, rosemary, thyme, 1/2 teaspoon of the sea salt and pepper in medium bowl. Add eggs and milk; beat with wire whisk until well blended. Pour mixture into skillet. Cook without stirring 5 minutes or until eggs are just set on bottom. Arrange sliced tomatoes on top of egg mixture. Sprinkle with cheese and remaining 1/4 teaspoon sea salt. Broil 4 to 5 minutes until eggs are set and cheese is lightly browned.
Nutrition Information Per One Serving: 169 Calories, Fat 9g, Protein 10g, Carbohydrates 12g, Cholesterol 217mg, Sodium 344mg, Fiber 2g