VEGETABLE FRITTATA WITH HAM & ITALIAN-STYLE CHEESES
Makes 4 servings
- 1 cup crimini or button mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 of a 16-ounce package frozen pepper stir-fry
- 1 small leek, rinsed and thinly sliced (white part only)
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) Wisconsin Provolone cheese, shredded
- 2 tsp. snipped fresh basil or 1/2 tsp. dried basil
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) Wisconsin Asiago cheese, shredded
Preheat oven to 350°F.
In a 10-inch nonstick ovenproof skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add ham, mushrooms, frozen stir-fry vegetables, and leek. Cook and stir about 4 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Drain vegetable mixture and remove from skillet. Stir in Provolone cheese.
In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, basil, and pepper. Pour over mixture in skillet.
Transfer skillet to preheated oven and bake 13-15 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes. With a knife or spatula, loosen edge and bottom of the Frittata; invert onto serving plate. Sprinkle with Asiago cheese and cut into wedges.
As featured at the International Association of Culinary Professionals breakfast. A great addition for a Sunday brunch or a light lunch.
Recipe courtesy of National Pork Board.
For more information about The Other White Meat, visit TheOtherWhiteMeat.com