GRILLED CHICKEN WITH DILL PICKLE SALSA
• 4 large uncooked, skinless, boneless chicken cutlets, about 1 ½ pounds
• 1 Tbs olive oil
• ¼ cup Dill Pickle Juice*
• ½ tsp ground cumin
• 1/8 tsp ground cayenne pepper
• 2 cloves garlic, crushed
• 1 Tbs finely chopped fresh cilantro
Dill Pickle Salsa
• 1/3 cup finely diced Dill Pickle*
• 1 large tomato, finely diced
• 1 Zinger Pickle*, diced
• 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
• 1/3 cup finely diced red onion
• 1 Tbs red wine vinegar
• 2 Tbs olive oil
• Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Pound chicken cutlets to even thickness. Combine olive oil, pickle juice, cumin, cayenne pepper, garlic and cilantro in a large bowl. Add chicken and toss until well-coated. Marinate in refrigerator for 1 hour or overnight.
Before grilling chicken, prepare salsa by whisking together dill pickle, tomato, Zinger, cilantro, red onion, red wine vinegar, olive oil and salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
Remove chicken cutlets from marinade and grill over hot coals until golden brown on both sides and cooked through. Serve with salsa.
* Try dill-licious pickles from Cain’s, Gedney and Del Monte