CINNAMON-SPICED MOROCCAN CHICKEN
A great way to dress up everyday chicken, this easy, mouthwatering meal will transport your taste buds on a North African adventure.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 18 minutes
Makes 4 servings
• 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 1¼ - 1½ pounds) or 1½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
• 2 tablespoons flour, divided
• 1¼ teaspoons McCormick Ground Cinnamon
• 1 teaspoon McCormick Season-All Seasoned Salt
• 1/2 teaspoon McCormick Ground Cumin
• 1/2 teaspoon McCormick Ground Turmeric
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 1 cup chicken broth
• 1/2 cup pitted whole dates, sliced
• 1/3 cup whole almonds (with skins on)
Place chicken in a self-closing plastic bag.
Combine 1 tablespoon flour, cinnamon, Season-All, cumin, and turmeric.
Sprinkle over chicken and toss well to coat.
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
Sauté chicken about 5 minutes per side.
Mix remaining 1 tablespoon flour and broth; add to skillet.
Bring to a boil over medium heat.
Stir in dates and almonds; simmer, covered, 7 minutes, or until chicken is done.
Serve over couscous or rice.
Per One Serving: About 390 Calories, Fat 16g, Protein 32g, Carbohydrates 30g, Cholesterol 64mg, Sodium 618mg, Fiber 3g
Recipe from McCormick® - Spices & Seasonings - www.mccormick.com/