GRILLED MARGARITA CHICKEN
Recipe from Weight Watchers All Time Favorites
Hands-On Prep: 10 Min
Cook: 15 Min
• 1/2 cup orange juice
• 3 tablespoons tequila
• 1/2 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced (wear gloves to prevent irritation)
• 2 garlic cloves, minced
• 2 teaspoons grated lime zest
• 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
• 1 tablespoon canola oil
• 1 teaspoon chili powder
• 4 (1/4-pound) skinless boneless chicken thighs
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1. Combine the orange juice, tequila, jalapeno, garlic, lime zest and juice, oil, and chili powder in a large zip-close plastic bag; add the chicken. Squeeze out the air and seal the bag; turn to coat the chicken. Refrigerate, turning the bag occasionally, at least 8 hours or up to overnight.
2. Spray the grill rack with nonstick spray; preheat the grill to medium or prepare a medium fire.
3. Remove the chicken from the marinade and shake off the excess marinade. Discard the marinade. Sprinkle the chicken with the salt and pepper; place on the grill rack. Grill until cooked through, 6-7 minutes on each side.
Good Idea: Serve these slightly tangy thighs with grilled corn tortillas. Toast the tortillas on the grill rack for about 1 minute on each side. A 6-inch corn tortilla with each serving will increase the POINTS value by 2.
Per Serving (1 chicken thigh): 202 Cal, 10 g Fat, 3 g Sat Fat, 0 g Trans Fat, 71 mg Chol, 359 mg Sod, 1 g Carb, 0 g Fib, 24 g Prot, 29 mg Calc.
Points value: 5.