GINGER SESAME CHICKEN & BROCCOLI STIR FRY
• 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2 inch strips
• 6 Tablespoons soy sauce
• 4 Tablespoons sherry
• 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
• 1 Tablespoon sesame oil
• 2 Tablespoons minced garlic
• 1 3-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and minced
• 2 Tablespoons canola oil
• 4 cups broccoli florets, blanched
• 2 large carrots, 1/4-inch sliced diagonally and blanched
• 2 cups snow peas, trimmed
• 6 green onions, cut into 1-inch long pieces
• 1 red bell pepper, julienned
• 1 Tablespoon corn starch dissolved in 1/2-cup chicken stock made from Wyler's Chicken Cubes
Combine chicken strips, soy sauce, sherry, brown sugar, sesame oil, minced garlic and ginger and refrigerate four (4) hours or overnight.
Heat oil in stir fry pan. Using a slotted spoon, transfer chicken to pan, reserving marinade. Stir fry chicken just until cooked through. Remove chicken from pan.
Add broccoli, carrots, snow peas, green onions and red pepper. Continue stir frying until vegetables are just crisp-tender, about three (3) minutes.
Stir corn starch into reserved marinade. Pour marinade over vegetables in pan. Add chicken and stir fry until liquid boils and thickens slightly, about one (1) minute.
Serve with steamed rice.
Courtesy of H.J. Heinz Co. www.heinz.com