GARLIC CHICKEN CUTLETS
Fix-it And Enjoy-it Cookbook
by Phyllis Pellman Good
Makes 6 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
• 4 chicken cutlets, approx. 1½ lbs.
• 2 Tbsp. flour or matzo meal
• 1 Tbsp. oil
• 6-8 garlic cloves, peeled and very lightly crushed
• 1/2 Ib. fresh mushrooms, any combination of varieties, cut into bite-sized pieces or slices
• 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
• 3/4 cup chicken stock
• 1 bay leaf
• 1/4 tsp. dried thyme, or 3 springs fresh thyme
• 1 tsp. apricot jam
1. Dust chicken lightly with matzo meal or flour.
2. In large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat and add garlic. Saute about 3 minutes, until browned.
3. Remove with a slotted spoon and reserve.
4. Add chicken to skillet and brown on one side for 3 minutes.
5. Turn chicken and top with reserved garlic and mushrooms. Cook 3 minutes.
6. While chicken is cooking, mix together vinegar, chicken stock, bay leaf, thyme, and jam in a small bowl. Pour over chicken and vegetables.
7. Reduce heat to low, cover the skillet, and cook approximately 10 minutes, or until chicken is done.
Elaine Vigoda, Rochester, NY