See also: Thanksgiving & Christmas Recipes;
Thanksgiving & Christmas Articles;
Green Bean Casserole Variations Article;
Green Bean Casserole Trivia
CAMPBELL’S GREEN BEAN CASSEROLE
At almost every holiday celebration across America, you will likely find a variation on a timeless staple: ‘Campbell’s Green Bean Casserole’. Dorcas Reilly first cooked up this all-American side dish in 1955 and today, an estimated 30 million households will continue to enjoy this family favorite – it’s no wonder Green Bean Casserole has been nicknamed the “mother of all comfort foods.”
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Makes 6 servings
1 can Campbells Cream of Mushroom Soup
1/2 cup milk
1 tsp. soy sauce
1 bag (16 to 20 oz.) frozen green beans
OR 2 pkg. (9 oz. each) frozen green beans
OR 2 cans (about 16 oz. each) green beans
OR 1 1/2 lb. fresh green beans
1 1/3 cups French's French fried onions
MIX soup, milk, soy sauce, pepper, beans and 2/3 cup onions in 1 1/2-qt. casserole.
BAKE at 350°F. for 25 min. or until hot.
STIR. Sprinkle with remaining onions. Bake 5 min.
5 Tasty Twists on Campbell’s Green Bean Casserole
1. For added crunch, add ½ cup sliced almonds to the onion topping.
2. For bacon lovers, add 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled, to the bean mixture.
3. For a festive touch, stir in chopped red pepper with soup.
4. For cheese lovers, stir in 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese with soup. Omit soy sauce. Sprinkle with an additional 1/2 cup additional Cheddar cheese when adding the remaining onions.
5. For Golden Green Bean Casserole, substitute Campbell's Condensed Golden Mushroom soup for Cream of Mushroom soup. Omit soy sauce. Stir in 1/2 cup chopped red pepper with the green beans.