HOLIDAY POMEGRANATE AND ORANGE SALAD
Perfect for holiday entertaining, this salad is as much a feast for the eyes as it is the palate. Allspice and cinnamon combine with the sweet, tart flavor of pomegranate juice to create a special vinaigrette for mixed greens. Fresh oranges, Cinnamon Glazed Walnuts and pomegranate seeds complete this spectacular starter.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Makes 6 servings
• 1/2 cup pomegranate juice
• 1/4 cup olive oil
• 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
• 1/2 teaspoon McCormick Ground Allspice
• 1/2 teaspoon McCormick Ground Mustard
• 4 twists McCormick Black Peppercorn Grinder
• 3 twists McCormick Sea Salt Grinder
• 8 cups baby or spring salad greens
• 3 oranges, peeled and sectioned
• 6 tablespoons pomegranate seeds
• 3/4 cup Cinnamon Glazed Walnuts (recipe below)
1. Whisk pomegranate juice, olive oil, vinegar, allspice, mustard, black pepper and salt in small bowl.
2. Just before serving, toss salad greens and vinaigrette in large bowl. Divide salad mixture evenly among 6 plates. Top each with about 5 orange sections, 2 tablespoons Cinnamon Glazed Walnuts and 1 tablespoon pomegranate seeds.
Per One Serving: Calories: 276, Fat 20 g, Protein 4 g, Carbohydrates 20 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Sodium 116 mg, Fiber 4 g
Cinnamon Glazed Walnuts
Mix 1/4 cup sugar, 1½ teaspoons McCormick Ground Cinnamon, 1/8 teaspoon McCormick Red Pepper, Ground Cayenne and 1/4 teaspoon salt in small bowl and set aside. Beat 1 egg white in medium bowl until foamy. Add 2 cups walnut halves; toss to coat. Add spice mixture; toss to coat nuts evenly. Spread nuts in a single layer on greased baking sheet. Bake 1 hour at 250°F, stirring nuts after 30 minutes. Cool slightly and break apart.
Recipe courtesy of McCormick & Company, Inc. www.mccormick.com