Cinnamon and Coffee Marinated Steak
Grilling Flavor Forcast:
Cinnamon & Coffee
Grilled steak skewers are a perfect starter for casual summer entertaining. They’re portable, quick cooking, and wonderful for showcasing new flavor combinations.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Refrigerate: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 8 minutes
Makes 8 servings.
· 1 pound boneless beef sirloin steak
· 2 tablespoons instant coffee
· 1/2 cup boiling water
· 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
· 2 tablespoons olive oil
· 1 tablespoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection Saigon Cinnamon
· 2 teaspoons McCormick® Gourmet Collection Sicilian Sea Salt
· 1 teaspoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection Paprika
· 1 tsp McCormick® Gourmet Collection Coarse Grind Black Pepper
· 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
· 1 green onion, thinly sliced
· Bamboo skewers
1. Cut steak crosswise into 3-inch long by 1/2-inch wide strips. Place in large resealable plastic bag or glass dish. Stir coffee and boiling water in medium bowl until coffee is dissolved. Add sugar, oil, cinnamon, sea salt, paprika and pepper; mix with wire whisk until well blended. Reserve 1/2 cup marinade for dipping sauce. Pour remaining marinade over steak; turn to coat well.
2. Refrigerate 30 minutes or longer for extra flavor. Meanwhile, mix reserved marinade with sherry vinegar and green onion to use as a dipping sauce. Set aside until ready to serve. Remove steak from marinade. Discard any remaining marinade. Thread steak in zigzag fashion onto skewers.
3. Grill over medium heat 3 to 4 minutes per side or until desired doneness. Serve Steak Skewers with dipping sauce.
Test Kitchen Tip:
Soak bamboo skewers in water for at least 30 minutes to prevent burning.
Nutrition Information Per Serving:
185 Calories, Fat 9g, Carbohydrates 13g, Cholesterol 32mg, Sodium 471mg, Fiber 1g, Protein 13g