Applewood Rubbed Ribs with Daikon Plum Slaw
Grilling Flavor Forcast:
Applewood & Cinnamon
Instead of a typical coleslaw, try serving baby back ribs with this crunchy daikon salad. Daikon is a long, thin, white radish, originally from Asia. They are often eaten raw in salads, pickled, stir-fried and cooked in soups.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
Makes 6 servings.
· 3 to 4 pounds pork baby back ribs
· 6 to 8 tablespoons McCormick® Grill Mates® Applewood Rub
· ½ cup plum preserves
· ¼ cup rice vinegar
· ¼ cup plum preserves
· ¼ teaspoon Sea Salt from McCormick® Sea Salt Grinder
· 1 daikon radish (1 pounds) peeled, shredded & drained of excess liquid (3 cups)
· ½ medium cucumber, peeled, halved lengthwise, seeded & thinly sliced (½ cup)
· ½ cup shredded carrots
· Pickled ginger (optional)
1. For the Ribs, place ribs on foil-lined baking pan. Rub Applewood Rub evenly over both sides of ribs. Cover with foil. Bake in preheated 375°F oven 1 hour or until meat starts to pull away from bones. Transfer ribs to grill. Stir plum preserves until smooth. Brush over ribs.
2. Grill ribs over medium-high heat 3 to 5 minutes per side or until evenly browned.
3. For the Slaw, mix vinegar, plum preserves and sea salt in small bowl with wire whisk until well blended. Toss radish, cucumber and carrots in large bowl. Divide evenly among 6 plates. Drizzle with vinaigrette. Garnish with pickled ginger, if desired.
Serve with Applewood Ribs.
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
638 Calories, Fat 38g, Protein 40g, Carbohydrates 34g, Cholesterol 148mg, Sodium 732mg, Fiber 1g