Grilled Potato Salad with Cilantro-Lime Chimichurri
Grilling Flavor Forcast:
Cilantro & Lime
Chimichurri is a fresh parsley sauce from Argentina that is usually served with grilled meats. In this recipe, a cilantro and lime-spiked chimichurri adds bright flavor and color to grilled potato salad.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Makes 8 servings.
· 1 cup packed cilantro leaves
· 1/3 cup olive oil
· 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
· 3 cloves garlic
· 1 teaspoon salt
· 1 teaspoon McCormick® Thyme Leaves
· 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Crushed Red Pepper
· 2 pounds small red potatoes, pierced with fork
· 2 bell peppers, each cut into 6 strips
· 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
1. For the Cilantro-Lime Chimichurri Sauce, place all ingredients in food processor; cover. Process until cilantro is coarsely chopped. Set aside in medium bowl.
2. Microwave potatoes 7 minutes on HIGH or until tender, turning halfway through cooking time. Let stand 2 minutes. Cut potatoes in half or quarter if large. Toss with 1 tablespoon of the oil.
3. Grill potatoes over medium heat 2 minutes on each side or until lightly browned and grill marks appear. Toss bell peppers with remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Grill over medium heat 6 minutes or until tender-crisp, turning occasionally. Cut bell peppers into 1-inch pieces. Add potatoes and bell peppers to Chimichurri Sauce; toss gently until well coated. Serve warm.
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
213 Calories, Fat 13g, Protein 3g, Carbohydrates 21g, Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 305mg, Fiber 3g