FoodReference.com (Since 1999)
RECIPE SECTION - Over 10,000 Recipes
Home | Food Articles | Food Trivia | Today in Food History | Food Timeline | Recipes
Cooking Tips | Food Videos | Food Quotes | Who’s Who | Trivia Quizzes | Food Poems
Free Magazines | Recipe Contests | Culinary Schools | Gourmet Tours | Food Festivals
FREE Magazines and
n extensive selection of free food, beverage & agricultural magazines, e-books, etc.
FOOD VIDEO SECTION
Recipe Videos, BBQ & Grilling, Food Safety, Food Science, Food Festivals, Beverages, Vintage Commercials, etc.
Serves 6 to 8
• 1 small bunch spinach
• 2 1/4 cups water or vegetable stock*
• 2 teaspoons kosher salt
• 1/2 jalapeno pepper with seeds
• 3 cloves garlic
• 2 tablespoons canola oil
• 1 1/2 cups jasmine or long-grain white rice
1. Blend spinach, water, salt, jalapeno, and garlic in a blender for 3 to 5 seconds; the spinach should still have a little texture.
2. In medium saucepan over medium-high heat, heat oil until it Shimmers. Add rice and cook, stirring, 5 to 8 minutes, until grains are lightly browned.
3. Add the spinach-water mixture and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 15 minutes.
4. Remove pan from heat and let sit, covered, 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork before serving.
* As a quick substitute for vegetable stock, try vegetarian chicken broth mix, available in the bulk foods section of natural foods stores. Whisk in 1 tablespoon for each cup of hot water.
• If using a rice cooker, do not saute the rice and use only 1 tablespoon oil.
• Many greens can be substituted for the spinach, or added to it for more vitamins and green color. Try parsley, arugula, mustard greens, or chard.
Please feel free to link to any pages of FoodReference.com from your website.
For permission to use any of this content please E-mail: [email protected]
All contents are copyright © 1990 - 2020 James T. Ehler and www.FoodReference.com unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. You may copy and use portions of this website for non-commercial, personal use only.
Any other use of these materials without prior written authorization is not very nice and violates the copyright.
Please take the time to request permission.