CHICKEN WITH ROASTED LEMONS
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
• 2 lemons, cut into 1/8-inch slices
• 2 teaspoons olive oil
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 2 packages (1¼ pounds) Gold'n Plump Boneless Skinless Split Chicken Breasts
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 teaspoon pepper
• 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
• 1/3 cup olive oil
• 1/2 cup pitted green Sicilian olives, kalamata olives, or other brine-cured greed olives, drained
• 1/4 cup capers, drained and rinsed
• 1½ cups chicken broth
• 1 package (9 ounces) frozen artichoke hearts
• 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh sage leaves (or 1 tablespoon dried sage leaves)
• 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, cut into 4 pieces
• 1/4 cup roasted red bell pepper in 1-inch by 1/4-inch strips
• 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, divided
To prepare the lemons, preheat the oven to 325°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, Arrange the lemon slices in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet. Brush the slices with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Roast for 25 to 30 minutes or until slightly dry and begins to brown around the edges.*
To prepare the chicken, sprinkle with salt and pepper. Pour the flour into a shallow bowl. Press the chicken into the flour to lightly coat both sides; shake off the excess.
Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken; cook for about 5 minutes per side or until golden brown. Stir in the olives and capers.
Add the chicken broth and bring to a boil, scraping up the browned bits from the bottom of the skillet. Boil, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Turn the chicken and stir in the artichoke hearts and sage. Continue boiling for about 5 to 10 more minutes or until the liquid is reduced in half and is a syrup-like consistency and the chicken is thoroughly cooked.
Reduce the heat to low. Stir in the butter, bell pepper, 2 tablespoons of the parsley, and the roasted lemon slices. Simmer until the butter melts and the sauce thickens.
Transfer the chicken and sauce to a platter. Sprinkle with the remaining 2 tablespoons parsley.
*The roasted lemons can be made one day ahead. After roasting, transfer to a container, cover and store in the refrigerator.
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION PER SERVING:
Serving Size: 1 chicken breast with sauce
Calories 361 Calories from Fat 170
% Daily Value
Total Fat 19 g 29%
Saturated Fat 6 g 29%
Cholesterol 104 mg 35%
Sodium 733 mg 31%
Potassium 189mg 5%
Total Carbohydrate 11 g 4%
Dietary Fiber 3 g 13%
Protein 37 g 75%
Vitamin A 21%
Vitamin C 28%
Exchanges: 1/2 Starch, 5 Very Lean Meat, 3½ Fat, 1 Vegetable
© Gold'n Plump Poultry