WHITE BEAN, BASIL & SUN-DRIED TOMATO PIZZA
Makes 6 servings
• 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil), chopped
• 1 15-oz. can Great Northern or Navy beans, drained
• 2 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
• 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
• 1 10-oz. thin crust pre-made pizza crust (such as "Boboli")
• 1 cup shredded fresh basil leaves
• 1/2 cup shredded, reduced-fat, Mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat oven to 425º F.
2. Place sun-dried tomatoes in a small bowl and pour boiling water over them enough to just cover and let stand for 10 minutes to soften them. Drain well then chop into thin strips.
3. Place beans, garlic and oregano in a food processor. Cover and blend until smooth.
4. Spread bean paste over surface of pizza crust.
5. Sprinkle with sun-dried tomatoes, basil and cheese.
6. Place pizza on an ungreased cookie sheet or pizza pan and bake for about 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Serving Size: 1/6 of recipe (143 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
Amount per serving
Calories from fat 45
Total Fat 5 g
Saturated Fat 1 g
Cholesterol 6 mg
Sodium 419 mg
Total Carbohydrates 42 g
Dietary Fiber 5 g
Sugars 1 g
Protein 14 g
Vitamin A 8%
Vitamin C 8%
King County Washington Public Health - www.metrokc.gov