TWO-CHEESE MIXED VEGETABLE PIZZA
Preparation time: about 10 minutes
Cooking time: about 10 minutes
Yield: 4 Portions
• 8.00 ounces (about 2½ cups) white mushrooms
• 1.00 teaspoon italian seasoning
• 0.50 teaspoon salt
• 0.25 teaspoon ground black pepper
• 1.00 package (about 1 pound) 12-inch prebaked pizza shell
• 2.00 cups trimmed fresh spinach leaves
• 1.50 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
• 3.00 ea plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
• 1.00 tablespoon olive oil
• 3.00 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. In a large bowl toss mushrooms, Italian seasoning, salt and black pepper; set aside. Place pizza shell on a pizza pan or baking sheet. Top with spinach, 3/4 cup of the mozzarella, the tomatoes and mushrooms. Drizzle with oil. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella. Bake until cheese melts, about 10 minutes; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Prepare and bake as directed above but omit Italian seasoning, mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses. Spread shell evenly with 2 tablespoons prepared mustard then layer as follows: Spinach, tomatoes, 3/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese, mushrooms, 1 small thinly sliced red onion and another 3/4 cup Swiss cheese.
Prepare and bake as above but use 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro for the Italian seasoning, 1½ cups shredded hot pepper Monterey Jack cheese for the mozzarella and 1/2 cup sliced, pitted black olives for the Parmesan cheese.
The Mushroom Council - www.mushroomcouncil.com