SLOPPY JOE PIZZA BREAD
Makes 6 servings.
• 1 lb. lean ground beef
• 3/4 cup frozen corn, defrosted
• 3/4 cup prepared barbecue sauce
• 1/2 cup sliced green onions
• 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
• 1 large (16 oz.) Italian bread shell or prepared pizza crust
• 1½ cups (6 oz.) shredded cheddar cheese
1. Heat oven to 425 degrees.
In large nonstick skillet, brown ground beef over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes or until no longer pink, stirring occasionally.
Pour off drippings.
2. Stir in corn, barbecue sauce, green onions and salt, if desired; heat through.
3. Place bread shell on large baking sheet.
Top evenly with beef mixture; sprinkle with cheese.
Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until cheese melts; cut into 6 wedges.
Courtesy of the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services