CRISPY ORIENTAL PIZZA
Makes 12 servings.
• 1 cup chopped cooked pork loin
• 3 tablespoons hot and spicy barbecue sauce
• 1 Lavosh (Armenian cracker bread)*
• 1/2 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
• 1/2 medium red bell pepper, thinly sliced
• 1/4 cup chopped green onion
• 1½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese
• 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
• 1/3 cup hoisin sauce
• 2 tablespoons plum sauce
• 1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
• 1/2 teaspoon crushed garlic
• 1/4 teaspoon grated ginger root
Oriental Sauce: In small bowl stir together hoisin sauce, plum sauce, peanut butter, garlic and ginger root.
Place pork and barbecue sauce in self-sealing plastic bag; seal and turn several times to coat.
Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
Place Lavosh on baking sheet.
Spread with Oriental Sauce to within 1/2 inch of edge.
Top with pork mixture, mushrooms, red pepper, green onions, and cheese.
Bake for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Garnish with cilantro. Cut into squares.
*Substitute 14-16-inch prebaked pizza crust. Crust will be slightly less crisp.
Cross-cultural flavors make a delightful marriage in this Asian-inspired “pizza” on Armenian flat bread.
Recipe courtesy of National Pork Board.
For more information about The Other White Meat, visit TheOtherWhiteMeat.com