CHERRY BLUES STEAK PIZZA
Yield: 1 (12-inch) pizza
• 1- 12-inch Pre-baked pizza crust
• 1/2 cup Dried tart cherries
• 1˝ cups Onion, sliced thin
• 2˝ cups Baby portobello mushrooms, sliced thin
• 1 tablespoon Olive oil
• 1˝ cups Beef (any tender cut), cooked medium-rare and sliced thin
• 1˝ cups Blue cheese, crumbled
1. Sauté onions in butter until caramelized; let cool.
2. Sauté portobello mushrooms in butter until tender; let cool.
3. Brush olive oil evenly over pre-baked pizza crust. Spread onions and mushrooms over pizza crust.
4. Arrange slices of beef and cherries over onions and mushrooms. Sprinkle blue cheese over all.
5. Bake at 450°F in a standard oven 7 to 9 minutes, or until cheese has melted.
6. Serve as an appetizer or main course.
Recipe courtesy of the Cherry Marketing Institute - www.cherrymkt.org/