DONALD'S DEEP-DISH PIZZA QUICHE
The Low-Carb Gourmet: 250 Delicious and Satisfying Recipes
by Karen Barnaby
Donald cuts the quiche into pieces and then freezes them to take to work for lunch. Of course, you can use any pizza toppings that you prefer. The mushrooms and sausage are my preference.
Makes 8 servings
• 4 oz. (112 g) cream cheese, at room temperature
• 4 large eggs
• 1/3 cup (80 ml) whipping cream
• 1/4 cup (60 ml) freshly grated Parmesan cheese
• 1 Tbsp. (15 ml) minced fresh chives
• 1/2 tsp. (2.5 ml) minced garlic
• 1/2 tsp. (2.5 ml) dried oregano
• 1 cup (240 ml) shredded Asiago cheese
• 2 cups (480 ml) shredded full-fat mozzarella cheese
• 1/2 cup (120 ml) tomato sauce
• 2 cups (480 ml) sliced mushrooms, sautéed
• 2 Italian sausages, casing removed, crumbled, and cooked
--Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
Butter a 13 x 9-inch (32.5 x 22.5-cm) baking dish.
--In a food processor, blend together the cream cheese and eggs until smooth.
Add the cream, Parmesan, chives, garlic, and oregano.
Blend until smooth.
--Scatter the Asiago and 1 cup of the mozzarella in the prepared baking dish.
Pour the egg mixture over the cheese.
Bake for 30 minutes.
--Spread with the tomato sauce.
Scatter the mushrooms and sausage over the top.
Cover with the remaining 1 cup mozzarella.
--Turn on the broiler and broil about 6 inches from the heat until brown and bubbly.
Let sit for 5 minutes or so before cutting.
Per serving. Effective carbohydrates: 3.5 g; Carbohydrates: 4 g; Fiber: 0.5 g; Protein: 16.3 g; Fat: 25g; Calories: 305