PEPPER CRUSTED PORK TENDERLOIN
The Taste of Home Cookbook
New Revised 2nd Edition
Guests will be impressed by this elegant entree and its golden crumb coating with peppery pizzazz. The meat slices up so moist and tender, you can serve it without sauce and still have a taste-tempting main dish.
Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Prep: 5 min.
Bake: 50 min. + standing
Yield: 6 servings.
· 2 pork tenderloins (3/4 pound each)
· 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
· 1 tablespoon 1% buttermilk
· 2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme
· 1 to 2 teaspoons coarsely ground pepper
· 1/4 teaspoon salt
· 2/3 cup soft bread crumbs
1) Place tenderloins side by side and tie together with kitchen string. In a small bowl, combine the mustard, buttermilk, thyme, pepper and salt; spread over surface of meat. Press crumbs onto meat.
2) Place on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Cover and bake at 425° for 15 minutes. Uncover; bake 35-40 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 10 minutes. Remove string before slicing.
3 ounces cooked pork equals 178 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 67 mg cholesterol, 383 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 25 g protein.