MAPLE WOOD ROASTED PORK TENDERLOIN WITH APPLES AND TART CHERRIES
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Makes 4 servings.
• 1 maple grilling plank (at least 1/2-inch thick)
• 1 tablespoon McCormick Gourmet Collection Valencia Orange Peel
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet Collection Saigon Cinnamon
• 1/2 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet Collection Ground Cumin
• 1/2 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet Collection Garlic Powder
• 1/4 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet Collection Coarse Grind Black Pepper
• 1 pork tenderloin (about 1 pound)
• 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
• 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
• 1 tablespoon orange juice
• 1 tablespoon McCormick Gourmet Collection Organic Pure Madagascar Vanilla Extract
• 1 Granny Smith apple, cut into 1/2-inch thick wedges
• 1/4 cup dried tart cherries
1. Soak grilling plank in water 1 hour. Remove from water. Place plank in large shallow baking pan. Set aside. Preheat oven to 425°F.
2. Mix orange peel, salt, cinnamon, cumin, garlic powder and pepper in small bowl. Reserve 1 teaspoon spice mixture for fruit glaze. Brush pork with 1 tablespoon of the oil. Sprinkle remaining spice mixture over pork. Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in large skillet on medium heat. Add pork; cook 3 minutes or until browned on all sides. Place pork in center of prepared plank.
3. Mix sugar, orange juice, vanilla and reserved 1 teaspoon spice mixture in medium bowl. Add apple wedges and cherries; toss to coat well. Place fruit around pork on plank. Pour water around plank in baking pan to fill 1/4-inch up sides of pan. Cover with foil.
4. Roast 15 minutes. Remove foil. Roast 15 minutes longer or until pork is cooked to desired doneness. Let stand 5 minutes before slicing. Serve with glazed fruit.
Test Kitchen Tips:
• Grilling planks are available in supermarkets, hardware, houseware and online specialty stores. For best results, use a grilling plank that is at least 1/2-inch thick. Thinner grilling planks may curl or warp in the oven.
• If using a roasting plank, season plank according to manufacturer’s directions before using. Place roasting plank with pork and glazed fruit directly on the middle rack of a preheated 350°F oven. Roast, uncovered, 40 minutes, turning pork halfway through cooking.
Recipe from McCormick® - Spices & Seasonings