VANILLA CIDER PORK WITH PEARS & DRIED CHERRIES
• 3 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
• 3 Bosc Pears, Peeled, Cored and Quartered
• 1 pound Pork Tenderloin Trimmed and Cut into (12) 1-inch thick medallions
• 1/2 cup All Purpose Flour
• 1 cup Wylers Chicken Broth
• 1 cup Hard Apple Cider
• 1/3 Cup Heavy Cream
• 1 Vanilla Bean - Split and Scraped
• Salt and Freshly Gournd Pepper
• 1/2 cup Dried Cherries
Melt butter in a large skillet over medium high heat.
Add pears and sauté until lightly browned; remove from pan.
Season pork with salt and pepper, then dredge in the flour. Sauté the medallions for 2 mins on each side in the same pan that the pears were sautéed in and remove from pan.
Combine the Wylers chicken broth, cider and cream; add to the pan to deglaze.
Bring to a boil, then add in the vanilla pod and seeds. Boil until reduced by half, about 5 mins.
Return the pears and pork to the pan along with any accumulated juices. Boil until thick, about 3 more minutes.
Add in the dried cherries and heat for just another minute.
Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Serve with wild rice pilaf and a green salad.
Courtesy of H.J. Heinz Co. www.heinz.com