FoodReference.com (Since 1999)
Recipe Section - Over 10,000 Recipes
Home | Articles | Food Trivia | Today in Food History | Food Timeline | RECIPES | Cooking_Tips | Food_Videos | Food_Quotes | Who’s Who | Culinary Schools & Tours | Food_Trivia_Quizzes | Food Poems | Free Magazines | Food Festivals & Events
and other Publications
An extensive selection of free food, beverage & agricultural magazines, e-books, etc.
This crunchy, sweet granola makes a great topping for yogurt. Add dried blueberries to boost color and antioxidants.
Prep Time: 10 min
• 4 cups quick cooking (not instant) rolled oats
• 2 cups natural wheat bran
• 1½ cups chopped California walnuts
• 1/2 cups liquid honey
• 2 tsps vanilla
• 1½ cups raisins (or dried cranberries, chopped dried apples, apricots or other mixed dried fruit)
• Fresh fruit for garnish, as desired
1. Preheat oven to 300°F
2. In a large bowl, stir together rolled oats, bran and walnuts.
3. In a small microwaveable bowl, combine honey and vanilla; microwave on high for about 20 seconds or more until runny.
Stir to mix; pour over dry ingredients and toss to coat well.
4. Spread granola evenly in a large shallow baking pan. Bake in 300°F oven for about 30 minutes, or until golden, stirring two or three times.
5. Cool completely; granola will crisp as it cools.
6. Stir in raisins or other dried fruit; store in airtight container.
Recipe courtesy of California Walnut Board
Please feel free to link to any pages of FoodReference.com from your website.
For permission to use any of this content please E-mail: [email protected]
All contents are copyright © 1990 - 2020 James T. Ehler and www.FoodReference.com unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. You may copy and use portions of this website for non-commercial, personal use only.
Any other use of these materials without prior written authorization is not very nice and violates the copyright.
Please take the time to request permission.