SWEET POTATO, PINEAPPLE AND CHEDDAR SALAD
Makes 6 servings
• 6 small red or yellow onions
• 2 medium sweet potatoes (12 ounces)
• 4-6 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
• 2 teaspoons olive oil
• 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
• 12 cups mixed greens (16 ounces)
• Nonfat raspberry salad dressing
• 1 cup cubed fresh pineapple
• 6 ounces cooked chicken breast, sliced
• 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
• 8 ounces Cabot 50% Reduced Fat Cheddar
• Fresh mint leaves for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 450ºF.
2. Peel onions, then cut lengthwise into 4 to 6 sections, leaving root intact. Cut sweet potatoes into 1- by 3-inch fingers.
3. Spread onions, potatoes and garlic out on baking sheet with sides; drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with red pepper, tossing to combine. Cover tightly with aluminum foil and roast for 30 minutes, or until tender.
4. Uncover and continue roasting until vegetables are well caramelized on outside, turning occasionally, about 20 minutes longer.
5. Toss greens with dressing to taste. Divide among 6 plates and top with roasted vegetables, pineapple and chicken. Sprinkle with Parmesan. Grate cheddar into ribbons on top of each salad and garnish with mint.
Calories 348 , Total Fat 9g , Saturated Fat 4g , Sodium 1615mg , Carbohydrates 35g , Dietary Fiber 11g , Protein 29g , Calcium 719mg
Recipe & photo courtesy of Cabot Creamery Cooperative