SWEET POTATO & FRUIT SALAD
Fix-it And Enjoy-it Cookbook
by Phyllis Pellman Good Makes
6 servingsPrep Time:
10 minutes Cooking Time:
20 minutes Chilling Time:
• 4 medium-sized sweet potatoes
• 1/2 cup mayonnaise
• 1/2 cup plain yogurt
• 1-1 1/2 tsp. curry powder
• salt to taste
• 2 medium-sized Granny Smith apples, chopped
• 2 medium-sized oranges, peeled and chopped
OR 2 11-oz. cans mandarin oranges, drained
• 1/2 cup raisins
• 1/2 cup chopped dates
• 20-oz. can pineapple chunks, drained
• 1 cup sliced celeryDirections
Place whole, unpeeled sweet potatoes in a saucepan. Add 2 inches of water. Cover and cook over medium-high heat until tender in the middle, but not mushy.2.
Meanwhile, combine mayonnaise, yogurt, curry powder, and salt in a large bowl. Mix well.3.
When the cooked sweet potatoes are cool enough to handle, peel them. Then cut into chunks about the size of the pineapple chunks. Add to mayonnaise mixture.
Add remaining ingredients. Toss well.5.
Refrigerate at least 3 hours before serving.
Jean Johnson, Dallas, OR