Semi-Homemade Grilling 2
by Sandra Lee
Barbeque beginners and grilling champs will be thrilled with the new book Sandra Lee Semi-Homemade Grilling 2 which will launch in May 2008. This is the highly anticipated follow up to the best selling author and popular television host's original Grilling book which was one of the best selling grill books of 2006.
Whether you are grilling for friends or yourself, using charcoal or electric, at a tailgate or on a spring weekend outing, even grilling indoors or out, Semi-Homemade Grilling 2 provides everything you ever wanted to know about grilling. The book displays over 200 pages of recipes and color photos, provides easy-to-follow Semi-Homemade recipes that take the guesswork out of grilling and allows you to serve up sensationally fast flame-seared redoes that taste fabulous.
Grilling 2 by Sandra Lee, host of Semi-Homemade Cooking on the Food Network, shares some of her favorite tricks for grilling. Did you know you could use bricks to weigh down your meats over the grill? It's surprisingly simple to impress your guests by grilling fish in a banana leaf to lock in moisture. Grill masters will be thrilled with some of the gadgets Sandra introduces, from vertical roasters and grilling planks to indoor grills and turkey fryers. The book also includes Semi-Homemade sippers and cocktails, starters, and sides so you have the recipes for complete entertaining and meals.
Chapters and savory Semi-Homemade recipes include:
1. Veggies and Sides - Prosciutto Wrapped Corn on the Cob; Port Wine Portobello's
2. Skewers - Seafood Brochettes with Cucumber Raita; Lemongrass Chicken Skewers
3. Dogs and Sausages - Sausage, Fennel, and Red Pepper Pizza; Perro Caliente
4. Pork and Lamb - Beer-Brined Pork Chops; Jerked Pork Sandwiches
5. Things to Do with Your Turkey Fryer - Gumbo for a Crowd; Deep-Fried Whole Snapper
6. Beef - Peppercorn Steaks; Thai Grilled Beef Salad; Churrasco Beef with Chimichum
7. Things with Wings - Cuban Mojo Chicken Halves; Beer Can Chicken
8. Swimmers - Thai Snapper Grilled in Banana Leaves; Spicy Hoisin Tuna Steaks
9. Best Burgers - Spicy Italian Sausage Burgers; Tropical Turkey Burgers with Mango Aioli
10. Desserts - Grilled Banana Splits; Grilled Figs with Orange-Honey Drizzle
11. Parties - Party menus and tablescapes for a beach blanket bash to father's day feast
About the Author
Sandra Lee is an internationally-acclaimed home, life and style expert who is a New York Times and Amazon.com best-selling author. With 13 books to her credit, she is the host of a top-rated TV show, Semi-Homemade Cooking, on the Food Network which will be celebrating its 200th episode in May 2008.