FoodReference.com (Since 1999)
RECIPE SECTION - Over 10,000 Recipes
Home | Articles | Food_Trivia | Today_in_Food_History | Food_Timeline | Recipes | Cooking_Tips | Videos | Food_Quotes | Who’s_Who | Culinary_Schools_&_Tours | Food_Trivia_Quizzes | Food_Poems | Free_Magazines | Food_Festivals_&_Events
and other Publications
An extensive selection of free food, beverage & agricultural magazines, e-books, etc.
& COOKING CLASSES
From Amateur & Basic Cooking Classes to Professional Chef Training & Degrees
The Taste of Home Cookbook
New Revised 2nd Edition
I like to serve this main course with green beans, garlic mashed potatoes and seven-layer salad for a special holiday dinner. The garlic sauce is also good with pork or poultry.
Beth Taylor, Chapin, South Carolina
Prep: 25 min.
Bake: 25 min. + standing
Yield: 12 servings.
· 1 jar (8 ounces) Dijon mustard, divided
· 10 garlic cloves, peeled, divided
· 2 tablespoons whole black peppercorns, coarsely crushed, divided
· 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
· 1 beef tenderloin (4 to 5 pounds), halved
· 2 cups heavy whipping cream
· 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
1) In a blender, combine half of the mustard, eight garlic cloves and 1 tablespoon peppercorns; cover and process for 1 minute, scraping the sides occasionally. Add 1 tablespoon oil; process until a paste forms. Spread over beef.
2) In a large skillet, heat the remaining oil over medium-high heat. Brown beef, one piece at a time, on all sides. Place in a shallow roasting pan coated with cooking spray.
3) Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 25-45 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Remove to a warm serving platter. Let stand for 10-15 minutes.
4) Meanwhile, mince the remaining garlic. In a saucepan, combine garlic, whipping cream, sour cream and remaining mustard and peppercorns. Cook and stir over low heat until heated through. Slice beef; serve with the sauce.
4 ounces cooked beef with 1/4 cup sauce equals 499 calories, 38 g fat (18 g saturated fat), 163 mg cholesterol, 553 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 33 g protein
Please feel free to link to any pages of FoodReference.com from your website.
For permission to use any of this content please E-mail: [email protected]
All contents are copyright © 1990 - 2020 James T. Ehler and www.FoodReference.com unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. You may copy and use portions of this website for non-commercial, personal use only.
Any other use of these materials without prior written authorization is not very nice and violates the copyright.
Please take the time to request permission.