FoodReference.com (since 1999)
RECIPE SECTION - Over 10,000 Recipes
Home | Articles | Food_Trivia | Today_in_Food_History | Food_Timeline | Recipes | Cooking_Tips | Videos | Food_Quotes | Who’s_Who | Culinary_Schools_& Tours | Food_Trivia_Quizzes | Food Poems | Free_Magazines | Food Festivals & Events
You are here > Home >
and other Publications
An extensive selection of free food, beverage & agricultural magazines, e-books, etc.
Culinary Schools & Cooking Classes
From Amateur & Basic Cooking Classes to Professional Chef Training & Degrees
More than 1,000 schools & classes listed for all 50 States, Online and Worldwide
Recipe from Techniques of Healthy Cooking
• 1 1/4 lb / 570 kg boneless, skinless chicken breast
• 5 oz / 140 g pecan, halves
• 1 1/4 cups / 300 mL apple cider
• 2 tbsp / 30 mL cider vinegar
• 1 tbsp / 15 mL Worcestershire sauce
• 1 tbsp / 15 mL Tabasco sauce
• 1 tbsp / 15 mL chopped thyme
• 2 tbsp / 30 mL walnut oil
• 9 oz / 255 g arugula
• 6 oz / 170 g mixed salad greens
• 5 oz / 140 g julienned endive
• 1 lb 4 oz / 570 g sliced Granny Smith apples
1. Grill the chicken breast until thoroughly cooked. Cool and slice thinly.
2. Toast the pecans in a 300°F/150°C oven until golden brown.
3. Reduce the apple cider by two thirds over high heat. Combine the reduced cider, vinegar, Worcestershire, Tabasco, and thyme. Slowly whisk in the oil away from the heat.
4. Combine the arugula, mixed greens, and endive. Refrigerate until needed.
5. For each portion: Toss 2 oz / 55 g each of the greens and apples with 1 tbsp / 15 mL of the vinaigrette. Place on a room-temperature plate and top with 2 oz / 57 g chicken and 1/2 oz / 14 g pecans. Drizzle with 1/2 tsp / 2.5 mL vinaigrette.
Portioning information: 2 oz / 55 g chicken, 2 oz / 55 g salad
Nutrition per serving: 291 calories, 16 g fat, 15 g total carbohydrate, 23 g protein, 90 mg sodium, 56 mg cholesterol
Please feel free to link to any pages of FoodReference.com from your website.
For permission to use any of this content please E-mail: [email protected]
All contents are copyright © 1990 - 2020 James T. Ehler and www.FoodReference.com unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. You may copy and use portions of this website for non-commercial, personal use only.
Any other use of these materials without prior written authorization is not very nice and violates the copyright. Please take the time to request permission.