See also: Candy; Chocolate
CANDY BAR TRIVIA
• Hershey's Milk Chocolate Bar was introduced in 1900.
• Pearson's Nut Goodie Bar was introduced in 1912.
• Reese's Peanut Butter Cups was introduced 1923.
• Milky Way was introduced in 1923.
• Butterfinger was introduced in 1923 (see below)
• Snickers Bar was introduced in 1930.
• The Zagnut candy bar was introduced in 1930.
• 3 Musketeers Bar was introduced in 1932.
• Kit Kat was introduced 1933.
• Pearson's Salted Nut Roll was introduced in 1933.
• The 5th Avenue Candy Bar was introduced in 1936.
• Nestle's Crunch was introduced 1938
• M&M's were introduced in 1940. (See also M&M Article)
• York Peppermint Patties were introduced in 1940.
Some names of candy bars that were introduced in the 1920s:
Milk Nut Loaf
Kandy Kake (the original name of the Baby Ruth)
Chicken Dinner (this chocolate peanut roll actually survived until the 1960s!)
The Milky Way candy bar was introduced by Frank C. Mars of Minnesota in 1923.
Mars introduced the Snickers bar in 1930 (it was named for a horse).
The Three Musketeers bar was introduced in 1932. The original 3 Musketeers had 3 bars in one wrapper, each with a different flavor.
When Standard Brands Company, owner of Curtiss Candy Company, was acquired by Nabisco in 1981, they realized they had somehow lost the original recipes for the Baby Ruth and Butterfinger candy bars. No one at the old Curtiss factory remembered how to make the candy bars, and Nabisco had to develop new recipes that customers would accept.
Please feel free to link to any pages of FoodReference.com from your website.
For permission to use any of this content please E-mail: [email protected]
All contents are copyright © 1990 - 2020 James T. Ehler and www.FoodReference.com unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. You may copy and use portions of this website for non-commercial, personal use only.
Any other use of these materials without prior written authorization is not very nice and violates the copyright.
Please take the time to request permission.
FOOD TRIVIA and FOOD FACTS
& COOKING CLASSES
From Amateur & Basic Cooking Classes to Professional Chef Training & Degrees
FoodReference.com (since 1999)
FOOD TRIVIA and FOOD FACTS SECTION