FoodReference.com (Since 1999)
Recipe Section - Over 10,000 Recipes
Home | Articles | Food Trivia | Today in Food History | Food Timeline | RECIPES | Cooking_Tips | Food_Videos | Food_Quotes | Who’s Who | Culinary Schools & Tours | Food_Trivia_Quizzes | Food Poems | Free Magazines | Food Festivals & Events
and other Publications
An extensive selection of free food, beverage & agricultural magazines, e-books, etc.
There are many versions of corn bread. This one is sweeter than the Southern Buttermilk Corn Bread recipe.
Prep: 10 Min - Bake: 25 Min
• 1 cup milk
• 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
• 1 large egg
• 1 1/4 cups yellow, white or blue cornmeal
• 1 cup all-purpose flour*
• 1/2 cup sugar
• 1 tablespoon baking powder
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Heat oven to 400°F. Grease bottom and side of 9-inch round pan or 8-inch square pan with shortening or spray with cooking spray.
2. In large bowl, beat milk, butter and egg with hand beater or wire whisk. Stir in remaining ingredients all at once just until flour is moistened (batter will be lumpy). Pour into pan.
3. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Serve warm if desired.
*If using self-rising flour, omit baking powder and salt.
CORN MUFFINS: Grease bottoms only of 12 medium muffin cups with shortening or line with paper baking cups. Fill cups about 3/4 full.
1 SERVING: Cal 175 (Cal From Fat 45), Fat 5g (Sat Fat 3g), Chol 30mg, Sodium 260mg, Carbs 29g (Fiber 1g), Pro 4g
% DAILY VALUE: Vit A 4%, Vit C 0%, Calc 10%, Iron 6%
EXCHANGES: 1 Starch, 1 Other Carb , 1 Fat
CARB. CHOICES: 2
Please feel free to link to any pages of FoodReference.com from your website.
For permission to use any of this content please E-mail: [email protected]
All contents are copyright © 1990 - 2020 James T. Ehler and www.FoodReference.com unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. You may copy and use portions of this website for non-commercial, personal use only.
Any other use of these materials without prior written authorization is not very nice and violates the copyright.
Please take the time to request permission.