WARM SPINACH AND CHEESE DIP
My Italian Kitchen
by Janet Zappala
My close fnend Georgeanne introduced me to this heavenly and healthful snack several years ago. It has been a favorite of mine ever since, especially for parties and on game-watching Sundays.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5-6 minutes
• 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach (in bag)
• 1 8-ounce container low-fat cream cheese, softened
• 1 cup sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
• 1 tablespoon garlic powder
• 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Combine all ingredients in a microwave-safe 1½-quart casserole dish
Microwave on high for 5-6 minutes
Remove the dish from the microwave; stir the mixture until blended
Serve the dip warm with Oven-Baked Tortilla Chips.
NUTRITIONAL NOTESpinach offers an array of nutrients, including iron, calcium, and fiber.
NUTRITION FACTS(Per serving)
Calories 150; Total Fat 7 gms; Sodium 200 mgs; Carbohydrates 5 gms; Protein 13 gms; Fiber 2 gms