PITA CRISPS WITH GINGERED FRUIT SALSA
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook/Bake Time: 12 Minutes
• 6 pita breads
• 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
• 1 teaspoon salt
Gingered Fruit Salsa:
• 2 tart apples, peeled, cored and finely chopped
• 1 cup (about 6 ounces) pitted dried plums, chopped
• 3 tablespoons apple juice
• 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
• 1 teaspoon lemon juice
• 1/2teaspoon ground cinnamon
• Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Heat oven to 375 F.
Cut each pita into 8 wedges; place on large baking sheet.
Drizzle evenly with 2 tablespoons of the oil and sprinkle with salt; toss to coat.
Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until crisp.
Cool to room temperature.
In bowl, combine apples, dried plums, apple juice, ginger, lemon juice, cinnamon and remaining 1 tablespoon oil; mix well.
Season with salt and pepper, as desired.
To serve, place salsa in bowl in center of large platter; surround salsa with pita crisps.
Nutritional Information (per serving)
% of Calories from Fat 43%
California Dried Plum Board - www.californiadriedplums.org