POTTED BEER AND CHEDDAR
Makes about 3 cups
• 8 ounces Cabot Cream Cheese, softened
• 4 tablespoons Cabot Unsalted Butter, softened
• 4 cups grated Cabot Sharp Cheddar (about 1 pound)
• 1 tablespoon minced fresh chives
• 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
• 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
• 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
• 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
• 1/2 clove garlic, minced
• 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
• 2-3 drops Tabasco Sauce
• 1/4 - 1/2 cup flat beer
1. With electric mixer, cream together cream cheese and butter until well blended. Mix in cheese.
2. Mix in all remaining ingredients except beer. Add enough beer to make spread of desired consistency (mixture will thicken further after chilling).
3. Pack into earthenware crock or other ceramic dish, cover and refrigerate for several hours to allow flavors to blend. Serve with apple slices and black bread or crackers.
(Spread can be made several weeks in advance.)
Recipe from Cabot Creamery Cooperative
Recipe courtesy of Marcy Goldman, www.betterbaking.com