Makes about 4 cups
• 2 cups grated Cabot Sharp Cheddar (about 8 ounces), at room temperature
• 2 cups grated Cabot Extra Sharp Cheddar (about 8 ounces), at room temperature
• 1/4 cup minced onion
• 1 (4-ounce) jar chopped pimentos, drained
• 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
• 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne) or hot sauce
• 1/4 cup buttermilk, divided
• 1/4 cup mayonnaise, divided
1. Set aside about one third of both cheeses.
2. Combine remaining cheeses in large bowl; beat with mixer until blended. Add onion, pimentos, Worcestershire and cayenne or hot sauce. Add about 2 tablespoons each of buttermilk and mayonnaise and beat until blended. Stir in remaining cheese. If too thick, thin to desired consistency with additional buttermilk and mayonnaise.
3. Cover tightly and refrigerate overnight to allow flavors to blend.
Calories 54 , Total Fat 5g , Saturated Fat 4g , Sodium 78mg , Carbohydrates 1g , Dietary Fiber <1g , Protein 3g , Calcium 80mg
Recipe courtesy of Cabot Creamery Cooperative