PINEAPPLE-MANGO SALSA WITH BAKED FLOUR TORTILLA CHIPS
Makes 12 servings (1/4 cup per serving)
• 1 mango, peeled and cubed
• 1 can (8 oz) pineapple tidbits, packed in juice, drained
• 1/3 cup chopped red bell pepper
• 1/4 cup sliced green onions
• 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
• 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
• 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 2 packages (8 1/2) flour tortillas (about 6 inches in diameter)
• 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, melted
• Salt to taste
In medium bowl, stir together all ingredients except tortilla chips ingredients; cover and refrigerate to blend flavors until ready serve.
Tailgate Tip: Prepare and refrigerate this colorful salsa up to 1 day ahead. If time is short, serve with purchased tortilla chips.
* Baked Flour Tortillas Chips: Place tortillas in a single layer on baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Brush lightly with butter on both sides. Using a knife or kitchen shears, cut each tortilla into 4 wedges. Sprinkle with salt. Bake at 375 degrees F. for 8 to 10 minutes or until crisp and light brown. Cool slightly (chips will continue to crisp as they cool). Serve warm or cool.
Tailgate Tip: Store baked chips in a tightly covered container for up to 3 weeks.
This tropic-inspired salsa will spice up your party. The chips are worth the extra effort when you want to spoil your friends or relatives.
Calories 190 calories; Protein 3 grams; Fat 10 grams; Sodium 350 milligrams; Cholesterol 20 milligrams; Saturated Fat 5 grams; Carbohydrates 24 grams
Recipe courtesy of National Pork Board.
For more information about The Other White Meat, visit TheOtherWhiteMeat.com