PUMPKIN RAVIOLI IN BROWN BUTTER
Semi-Homemade Cooking 2 by Sandra Lee
servings 8 to 10
prep time 25 minutes
cooking time 10 minutes
This discriminating dish is like a perfect party guest: Keep it circulating and the crowd stays happy. Ground nutmeg brings out the pumpkin's sweetness, an aromatic contrast with pungent onion and rich ricotta and Parmesan cheeses. The bright orange filling is a surprise sure to make these stylish sweeties a conversation piece, whether they're mingling at a dinner party or on the family dinner table.
· 1 stick butter
· 2 cups canned pumpkin, Libby's
· 1 packet (0.7-ounce) onion recipe mix, Lipton Carb Options
· 1 cup vegetable broth, Swanson
· Salt and pepper
· 1/4 cup low-fat ricotta cheese, Precious
· 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, Kraft
· 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg, McCormick 16 wonton wrappers, Melissa's
· 10 fresh sage leaves
· 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, for garnish, Kraft
1. For Filling, in a large saucepan over medium heat, melt 1 tablespoon of the butter. Add pumpkin, onion recipe mix, and broth; simmer 5 minutes. Continue cooking until mixture is slightly dry. Season to taste with salt and pepper and remove From heat. Stir in ricotta cheese, 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, and the nutmeg. Let cool completely.
2. Place 1 teaspoon of pumpkin filling in center of wonton wrapper. Fold wrapper diagonally to form a triangle. Moisten the edges of the triangle to seal. Using a fork, press down on the folded edge. Repeat. Place raviolis in a pot of boiling water and cook until they float to the top. Drain well.
3. In a large skillet over medium heat, melt remaining 7 tablespoons butter. Add sage leaves. Cook until butter turns brown. Arrange raviolis on a platter and spoon brown butter over top. Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese.