PACE THREE CHEESE-STUFFED POBLANO CHILES
Prep: 10 minutes
Stand: 20 minutes
Bake: 15 minutes
Makes: 6 servings
• 6 poblano chiles (about 1 1/2 pounds)
• 1½ cups crumbled goat cheese (about 6 ounces)
• 1½ cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese (about 6 ounces)
• 1½ cups shredded Cheddar cheese (about 6 ounces)
• 1 jar (16 ounces) Pace® Black Bean & Roasted Corn Salsa
• 1/3 cup half-and-half
1. Heat the broiler. Place the chiles onto a baking sheet.
2. Broil the chiles 2 inches from the heat for 5 minutes or until they're charred on all sides, turning occasionally. Place the chiles into a large resealable plastic bag. Close the bag and let stand 20 minutes.
3. Heat the oven to 350°F. Remove the skin from the chiles. Cut a lengthwise slit into each chile and remove the seeds and core.
4. Stir the cheese in a large bowl. Spoon the cheese mixture into the chiles.
5. Stir the salsa and half-and-half in a shallow 2-quart baking dish. Place the stuffed chiles onto the salsa mixture.
6. Bake for 15 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Serve the chiles with the sauce.
Tip: You can also roast the chiles over a gas flame. Hold each chile with tongs over a gas flame and roast for 5 minutes or until it's charred on all sides. Place the chiles in a large resealable plastic bag and proceed as directed in Step 2.
Courtesy of PaceFoods.com