FoodReference.com (Since 1999)
Recipe Section - Over 10,000 Recipes
Home | Articles | Food Trivia | Today in Food History | Food Timeline | RECIPES | Cooking_Tips | Food_Videos | Food_Quotes | Who’s Who | Culinary Schools & Tours | Food_Trivia_Quizzes | Food Poems | Free Magazines | Food Festivals & Events
and other Publications
An extensive selection of free food, beverage & agricultural magazines, e-books, etc.
The Bounty Of Central Florida by Valerie Hart
Yield: 4 Servings
3 large Portobello mushroom caps (6-7 ounces)
2 tablespoons Seasoned Garlic Oil
4 large plum tomatoes
1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
1/3 cup Seasoned Olive Oil, or 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil mixed with 1 large clove garlic
1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
2 or more tablespoons finely-chopped fresh basil leaves
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
2 or more tablespoons finely-chopped scallion greens
4 slices Italian bread, cut 1/4-inch thick
1. Peel the mushrooms and remove the stems Brush with seasoned oil and place on a grill or barbecue over a medium flame until brown on one side. Brush the other side and brown. These mushrooms cook very quickly. They should be firm, not limp. Cool and slice rather thick. Sprinkle lightly with salt and set aside.
2. Slice the tomatoes into halves and remove the seeds. Cut into small squares and transfer to a bowl.
3. Mince the basil and scallion greens and add them to the tomatoes.
4. Stir in the balsamic vinegar, seasoned oil, salt and pepper.
5. Slice bread 1/4-inch thick. Toast under the broiler on one side. Set untoasted side up on individual plates. Spoon the tomato mixture on top. Set the hot mushroom strips over each. Serve immediately.
Please feel free to link to any pages of FoodReference.com from your website.
For permission to use any of this content please E-mail: [email protected]
All contents are copyright © 1990 - 2020 James T. Ehler and www.FoodReference.com unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. You may copy and use portions of this website for non-commercial, personal use only.
Any other use of these materials without prior written authorization is not very nice and violates the copyright.
Please take the time to request permission.