FoodReference.com (since 1999)
RECIPE SECTION - Over 10,000 Recipes
Home | Articles | Food_Trivia | Today_in_Food_History | Food_Timeline | Recipes | Cooking_Tips | Videos | Food_Quotes | Who’s_Who | Culinary_Schools_& Tours | Food_Trivia_Quizzes | Food Poems | Free_Magazines | Food Festivals & Events
You are here > Home >
and other Publications
An extensive selection of free food, beverage & agricultural magazines, e-books, etc.
Culinary Schools & Cooking Classes
From Amateur & Basic Cooking Classes to Professional Chef Training & Degrees
More than 1,000 schools & classes listed for all 50 States, Online and Worldwide
Sizzle, Sensational Barbecue Food
by Julie Biuso
This is gorgeously sweet and juicy and goes well with grilled chicken, pork, ham and duck.
• 2 red bell peppers (capsicums)
• olive oil
• 1 fresh pineapple, peeled, cored, sliced and cut into chunks
• 2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
• 2 Tbsp lemon juice
• 1/2 cup small mint leaves
• 1/2 tsp coriander seeds, freshly ground
• salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Halve, core and seed the peppers, then cut them into fat chunks. Put pepper chunks in a bowl and drizzle with olive oil. Toss well to coat. Cook over medium heat on a barbecue hot plate (cast-iron griddle) until softened and lightly charred.
2. Alternatively, cook whole peppers in the flame of a gas burner until blackened or cook them in the oven. Transfer flamed or roasted peppers to a plate and peel when cool, removing blackened skin, and slipping out cores and seeds. Cut peppers into fat chunks, reserving any juices.
3. Put pineapple chunks in a serving bowl and arrange peppers on top.
4. In a small bowl mix together extra-virgin olive oil, lemon juice, mint, ground coriander seeds, 1/4 teaspoon salt and plenty of pepper. Spoon dressing over salad. Toss gently and serve.
Please feel free to link to any pages of FoodReference.com from your website.
For permission to use any of this content please E-mail: [email protected]
All contents are copyright © 1990 - 2020 James T. Ehler and www.FoodReference.com unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. You may copy and use portions of this website for non-commercial, personal use only.
Any other use of these materials without prior written authorization is not very nice and violates the copyright. Please take the time to request permission.