FoodReference.com (since 1999)
RECIPE SECTION - Over 10,000 Recipes
Home | Articles | Food_Trivia | Today_in_Food_History | Food_Timeline | Recipes | Cooking_Tips | Videos | Food_Quotes | Who’s_Who | Culinary_Schools_& Tours | Food_Trivia_Quizzes | Food Poems | Free_Magazines | Food Festivals & Events
You are here > Home >
and other Publications
An extensive selection of free food, beverage & agricultural magazines, e-books, etc.
Entertaining with Bluegrass Winners
Serves 5 To 6
• 1/4 cup vegetable oil
• 1/2 cup vinegar
• 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
• 1/2 cup sugar
• 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/4 teaspoon turmeric (optional)
• 1/2 large head green cabbage, shredded, or bagged equivalent
• 1/4 large head purple cabbage, shredded, or bagged equivalent
• 1/2 large onion, chopped
• 2 carrots, grated
• 1/2 large green bell pepper, chopped
• In saucepan, mix first seven ingredients and bring to boil.
• In large bowl/ combine cabbages, onion, carrots, and bell pepper.
• Pour oil and vinegar mixture over cabbages, onion, and bell pepper.
• Marinate and refrigerate for at least 6 hours.
Please feel free to link to any pages of FoodReference.com from your website.
For permission to use any of this content please E-mail: [email protected]
All contents are copyright © 1990 - 2020 James T. Ehler and www.FoodReference.com unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. You may copy and use portions of this website for non-commercial, personal use only.
Any other use of these materials without prior written authorization is not very nice and violates the copyright. Please take the time to request permission.