Lonely Planet's Best in Travel 2009
by Lonely Planet Publications
Lonely Planet's "Best in Travel" takes on the world's hottest trends, destinations, journeys, and experiences, profiling more than 300 unique travel adventures. It contains snapshots on every country in the world, and sets the year's travel agenda with the top pick cities, countries, and regions.
I had the 'Lonely Planet Travel Book' Where every county in the world is included and knew 'Best In Travel 2009' would be just as good. I was right. The photographs make it so hard to decide which place to go as you will want to travel to them all. The information is concise and useful for travelers and just those who wish they were traveling. I purposely bought this as my husband loves nature and seeing other places but is not a big reader so the gorgeous photos and the short written sections make for a perfect gift for him. This would be great also for classrooms and since I teach Geography both books will be used a lot in my class once my husband is through with them. It also makes a great coffee table book that will generate lots of discussion. Highly recommended!
Bingo, Florida (amazon.com)
About Lonely Planet
At Lonely Planet, we see our job as inspiring and enabling travellers to connect with the world for their own benefit and for the benefit of the world at large.
What We Do
* We offer travellers the world's richest travel advice, informed by the collective wisdom of over 350 Lonely Planet authors living in 37 countries and fluent in 70 languages.
* We are relentless in finding the special, the unique and the different for travellers wherever they are.
* When we update our guidebooks, we check every listing, in person, every time.
* We always offer the trusted filter for those who are curious, open minded and independent.
* We challenge our growing community of travellers; leading debate and discussion about travel and the world.
* We tell it like it is without fear or favor in service of the travellers; not clouded by any other motive.