FoodReference.com (Since 1999)
RECIPE SECTION - Over 10,000 Recipes
Home | Food Articles | Food Trivia | Today in Food History | Food Timeline | Recipes
Cooking Tips | Food Videos | Food Quotes | Who’s Who | Trivia Quizzes | Food Poems
Free Magazines | Recipe Contests | Culinary Schools | Gourmet Tours | Food Festivals
FREE Magazines and
n extensive selection of free food, beverage & agricultural magazines, e-books, etc.
FOOD VIDEO SECTION
Recipe Videos, BBQ & Grilling, Food Safety, Food Science, Food Festivals, Beverages, Vintage Commercials, etc.
Makes 6 Servings
• 1 whole head garlic, top trimmed
• 1 teaspoon olive oil
• 3 pounds Idaho or russet potatoes, scrubbed
• Pinch of kosher salt
• 8 ounces Cabot 50% Reduced Fat Jalapeno Cheddar Cheese, grated
• 2 tablespoons chopped canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
• Canned slice jalopeno peppers for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Put garlic head on large square of aluminum foil and drizzle with oil. Gather foil around garlic, twisting top to close tightly. Bake 60 minutes or until pulp is golden and very soft. When cool enough to handle, break apart cloves and squeeze pulp from each into small bowl; mash to puree with fork.
2. In large pot of boiling, salted water, cook potatoes until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain well and return to pot.
3. Add Cabot 50% Reduced Fat Jalapeño Cheddar Cheese, chipotle peppers and garlic puree. Mash to combine, leaving potatoes very chunky. Garnish with jalapeño peppers.
Calories 126 , Total Fat 4g , Saturated Fat 2g , Sodium 188mg , Carbohydrates 16g , Dietary Fiber 6g , Protein 10g , Calcium 150
Recipe & photo courtesy of Cabot Creamery Cooperative
Please feel free to link to any pages of FoodReference.com from your website.
For permission to use any of this content please E-mail: [email protected]
All contents are copyright © 1990 - 2020 James T. Ehler and www.FoodReference.com unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. You may copy and use portions of this website for non-commercial, personal use only.
Any other use of these materials without prior written authorization is not very nice and violates the copyright.
Please take the time to request permission.