FoodReference.com (Since 1999)
RECIPE SECTION - Over 10,000 Recipes
Home | Articles | Food_Trivia | Today_in_Food_History | Food_Timeline | RECIPES | Cooking_Tips | Videos | Food_Quotes | Who’s_Who | Culinary_Schools_&_Tours | Food_Trivia_Quizzes | Food_Poems | Free Magazines | Food_Festivals_&_Shows
and other Publications
An extensive selection of free food, beverage & agricultural magazines, e-books, etc.
FOOD VIDEO SECTION
Recipe Videos, BBQ & Grilling, Food Safety, Food Science, Food Festivals, Beverages, Vintage Commercials, etc.
4 Servings, two potato halves each
Preparation Time: 20 Minutes
Conventional Cooking Time: 30 To 45 Minutes
Microwave Cooking Time: 5 To 10 Minutes
• Baking potato 4 (8 ounces each)
• Lowfat cottage cheese 7/8 cup
• Whole milk 2 tablespoons
• Onion, minced 2 tablespoons
• Paprika 1/4 teaspoon
1. Scrub potatoes and remove any blemished.
Conventional oven Method:
1. Preheat oven to 400° F.
2. Place potatoes in oven and bake until tender, about 30 to 40 minutes.
1. Pierce potatoes by using fork prongs.
2. Cover potatoes with waxed paper. Heat on high until tender, about 5 to 10 minutes.
TO STUFF POTATOES:
1. Slice each potato in half, lengthwise. Using a spoon, scoop out pulp, leaving about 1/4 inch thick shells, saving pulp.
2. Blend cheese, milk, and onion. Add potato pulp; mix until light and fluffy.
3. Fill potato halves with mixture. Sprinkle paprika over potatoes.
Note: Return to oven or microwave to reheat, for a few minutes, if desired.
NUTRITION PER SERVING:
Total fat 1 gram
Saturated fat 1 gram
Cholesterol 5 milligrams
Sodium 216 milligrams
United States Department of Agriculture, Center for Nutrition Policy and Promotion
Please feel free to link to any pages of FoodReference.com from your website. For permission to use any of this content please E-mail: [email protected]
All contents are copyright © 1990 - 2020 James T. Ehler and www.FoodReference.com unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. You may copy and use portions of this website for non-commercial, personal use only. Any other use of these materials without prior written authorization is not very nice and violates the copyright.
Please take the time to request permission.