BROCCOLI CHICKEN OVER RICE
Yield: Makes 4 servings.
• 1 pound boned and skinned chicken breast, cut into small pieces
• 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
• 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
• 1 medium onion, cut into wedges
• 1 cup fresh broccoli florets
• 1/2 cup chicken broth
• 1/4 cup soy sauce
• 1 tablespoon cornstarch
• 1 tablespoon sugar
• 1 11-ounce can mandarin oranges, drained
• 1 8-ounce can sliced bamboo shoots, drained
• 1 8-ounce can sliced water chestnuts, drained
• 2 cups hot cooked rice
Season chicken with salt and pepper; brown in oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Stir in onion, broccoli, broth and soy sauce; cook several minutes.
Combine cornstarch and sugar; stir in 2 tablespoons water. Add cornstarch mixture to skillet; heat until mixture boils and thickens, stirring constantly. Add oranges, bamboo shoots and water chestnuts; stir until thoroughly heated. Serve over fluffy rice.
Total Fat 7g
Total Carbohydrate 45g
Dietary Fiber 2g
USA Rice Federation (www.usarice.com)