BANANA COCONUT CHICKEN
Prep: 15 min.
Cook: 15 min.
Makes: 4 servings
• 3 BANANAS, cut into 1-inch pieces
• 3/4 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
• 2 eggs beaten
• 2 cups finely chopped coconut
• Oil for frying
• 1 can (15 ounce) pineapple chunks, drained, reserve 3 tablespoons juice
• 1 green pepper, cut into 1-inch squares
• 1/2 cup sliced green onions
• 1/2 cup pineapple preserves
• 3 tablespoons soy sauce
HAVE bananas and chicken cut and ready.
Dip bananas into beaten egg, then coat with coconut.
Repeat with the chicken pieces.
PUT about 2-inches oil in a wok or deep fat fryer and fry until done, 1 to 2 minutes for bananas, 3 to 4 minutes for the chicken.
Drain on paper towels.
REMOVE oil from wok.
Stir fry the pineapple chunks and bell pepper until crisp-tender.
Add the chicken and bananas. Serve.
International Banana Association