APPLE CHICKEN STIR-FRY
Makes 4 servings.
· 1 pound cubed boneless, skinless, chicken breast
· 1½ tablespoons vegetable oil
· 1/2 cup onion, vertically sliced
· 1 cup (2 medium) carrots, thinly sliced
· 1 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
· 1 cup fresh or frozen Chinese pea pods
· 1 tablespoon water
· 1 medium apple, cored and thinly sliced
· 2 cups cooked rice
Stir-fry cubed chicken breast in 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in nonstick skillet until lightly browned and cooked.
Remove from skillet.
Stir-fry onion, carrots, and basil in oil in same skillet until carrots are tender.
Stir in pea pods and water; stir-fry 2 minutes.
Remove from heat; stir in apple.
Add to chicken, serve hot over cooked rice.
Approximate Nutritional Analysis (per serving): calories, 365; protein, 30 g; carbohydrates, 33 g; dietary fiber, 3 g; fat, 9 g; cholesterol, 62 mg; sodium, 71 mg; 22% calories from fat.
U.S. Apple Association www.usapple.org