Better Homes and Gardens New Cook Book
Jennifer Darling (Editor)
When I got married 8 years ago , the only thing I could cook was spaghetti ( in a jar). THIS BOOK is what taught me how to cook everything! It is not only a book of recipes but shows cooking techniques, what to have in your kitchen and SO MUCH MORE! This book is an absolute must have for every bride or anyone that wants to really learn how to cook. The way that this is bound and has plastic coated pages is great too because cooking gets messy especially when you a learning. No, I don’t think this is gourmet stuff and if that is what you want then maybe you should look elsewhere.. But for REAL COoking .. This is the standard of cookbooks. I thank you Better Homes and Gardens for teaching me to COOK and my husband thanks you too!
amiday from Crane, Texas
• More than 900 new recipes-1,200 in all-reflect current eating habits and lifestyles.
• 500 new photos-more than 700 in all-including 60 percent more of finished food than the last edition.
• Dozens of new recipes offer ethnic flavors, fresh ingredients, or vegetarian appeal.
• Many recipes feature make-ahead directions or quick-to-the-table meals.
• New chapter provides recipes for crockery cookers.
• Efficient, easy-to-read format, with recipes categorized into 21 chapters, each thoroughly indexed for easy reference.
• Expanded chapter on cooking basics includes advice on food safety, menu planning, table setting, and make-ahead cooking, plus a thorough glossary on ingredients and techniques.
• Appliance-friendly recipes help cooks save time and creatively use new kitchen tools.
• Nutrition information with each recipe, plus diabetic exchanges.
• Tab dividers already in place-minimal assembly for readers.
• Contemporary food photography attracts browsers and helps cooks discover new recipes to make.
• Icons identify low-fat, no-fat, fast, and best-loved recipes.
• Every recipe tested and perfected by the Better Homes and Gardens(r) Test Kitchen.
• Revised and updated cooking charts, ingredient photos, emergency substitutions, and equivalents.
• Respected, reliable kitchen reference with hundreds of cooking terms, tips, and techniques.